I have been making Moon Water for years. Lately, I’ve been talking about it with people and I get the all too familiar, “what the hell are you talking about” look.
So, being the natural teacher I am, I wanted to create a post about what Moon Water is, how to make, and then what to do with it.
Before we dive in, I’d like to share with you my perspective of the Moon and why I am in love with her and all her cycles.
Moon as Feminine
The Moon is Feminine energy whereas the Sun is masculine. She represents our intuition and creativity, the rhythm of creation and time, enlightenment and shadow work. The cycles of the Moon teach us to release and invite, surrender and reflect; that we are continuous and ever-changing.
The Moon guides us to go within and encouraging us to do self-work while her energy nourishes our soul and nurtures our growth. Her dark side and light side are very telling in what we need to learn to grow.
The Two Sides of the Moon
The moon is a mirror. She reflects the shadow side of the Sun as well as the illuminating glow.
Under the New Moon (Dark side) our fears are reflected back to us. We are inspired to bring our shadows to the surface. To face all that we are hiding from ourselves and that which we cannot see.
If we are able to use the Moon as a mirror and see ourselves in her reflection, we are better able to surrender our fears and shadows, creating new space for healing and growth. This is when we invite the new in and create intentions and manifest the new into our lives. The New Moon also reminds us that it isn’t dark forever.
Under the Full Moon (Light Side) we are able to see our brilliance. The illuminating light of the moon shines equally on us all to remind us that we are to live in balance; a perfect harmony of feminine and masculine energy.
Under this magnificent light, we are better able to see our conscious selves, better guided by our Higher Selves. Reflected back to us is all our growth over the past 28 days, a vision of what’s to come, and evidence of what we are capable of doing. This is when we complete aspects of our soul work in order to start the next leg of our journey with newfound confidence.
What is Moon Water
Simply put, moon water is water that is charged under the energy of the moon.
Most of the energy on Earth is emitted from the Sun. Yet, lunar energy is extremely healing and recharges our energy fields. Lunar energy focuses on our subconscious. Giving us insights into our spirit, our Higher Self and our soul work.
When you place your water under the New Moon and Full Moon, the water is essentially filled with the energy from that particular phase of the Moon. As stated earlier, the New Moon and the Full Moon each represent different energies and the water will take on the energy of the respective phase.
How To Make Moon Water
Here’s a step-by-step guide of how to make your own Moon Water. You can do this with as much water as you have containers for.
- Grab as many containers as you wish to use. Glass is preferable. I love half gallon Mason jars.
- Fill the containers with drinking water. Whether you prefer to use your own filtered water or water from the store, make sure it isn’t fluoridated. We have a well for our water. I use our tap water so the minerals are charged.
- Make sure each container is covered with its lid or cap.
- State an intention for the water. For instance, “I wish to release ______.” “I invite in abundance of ______.” Place your hands over each container as you say your intention out loud.
- Place the water anywhere outside. In the winter, I place my water outside for a few hours then put the containers in a window sill or at my patio door. The glass can break if the water freezes.
- I like to leave my water under the moon the day before the New or Full Moon, the day of and the day afterwards.
- Now you’re ready to use your Moon Water!
What to Do With the Moon Water
There are so many different ways you can use your Moon Water. Below is a list of the most common uses:
- Drink it! You will consume the energy of the Moon Water. The Water will more than hydrate you as it will help move any stagnant energy from your body and recharge and empower you.
- Add it to your bath. I love to do this when I am taking a cleansing salt bath. The energy from the Moon Water mixes with the energy of the salt to cleanse me and wash away whatever doesn’t serve my highest good.
- Water your plants with it. Plants carry their own energetic force and can benefit from the energy of Moon Water.
- Use this water to charge and cleanse your crystals. Just be sure before doing so the crystals can get wet or be submerged in water. Not all crystals can.
- Use in your home oil diffuser. Mixed with the energy of the essential oils, the moon water will purify, cleanse and recharge the energy of your home.
- Make tea with it. Herbal teas carry healing and soothing energy. This can be amplified with Moon Water.
- Use it as an aura and space cleanser. Add the water to a spray bottle with a few drops of essential oil and spray the rooms of your home and create a mist around your body.
Get creative with how you use your Moon Water. Allow Spirit to guide you and trust whatever comes to you. Please leave how you use Moon Water in the comments below!